Tuesday, July 15, 2008
ATW NewsClips - Mid-Morning Links
* Hello, Dolly! 9 to 5 Books Broadway's Marquis; Full Casting Announced
* New York City's New Voices Collective Makes London Debut in Fall
* Wicked Film and "Jesus Christ Superstar" Remake on Platt's Plate
* Calvert, Mitchell and More to Star in Free Readings of Hampton's Jungle Fun Room
* [title of show] Cast Will Make a Splash July 28
* Sprecher and Forlenza's Global Company Will Produce Little House, Rebecca and Havana
* Daniel Radcliffe to Participate in "TimesTalks" August 19
* Bernhard, Portman, Shields to Appear on Project Runway
* Franklin, O'Hara to Join Bell, Cavanaugh, Meyers, et al. at Ross School
Review: The Strangerer
The Guardian Performing Arts Blog
Agnès Poirier: Vive l'Angleterre!
Following in Voltaire and Rimbaud's footsteps, which French émigré to Britain has contributed most to culture this year?
Owen Adams: Want to see a play? Then don't go to the theatre...
New York New Voices Launches UK Concert Series
Latest Gossip: Chocolate Factory Gets Revenge With White Devil???
Whatsonstage.com - Off-West End & Fringe
Attenborough Helps Chickenshed Celebrate Sea Change
Chickenshed, the London-based company specialising in community and inclusive theatre, is celebrating the run of its latest show Sea Change with a multicultural...
Review: Chu Chin Chow
Here is yet another treat for fans and historians of musical theatre - a rehearsed reading of Chu chin Chow, a great hit when it was first presented in 1916, running for an unprecedented five years. It starred the author Oscar Asche as the villainous Abu Hassan and his wife Lily Brayton as the intrepid slave girl Zahrat-al-Kulub. The tuneful and familiar score is by Frederick Norton and was probably responsible for much of the show’s original success. Unlike many musicals today, there is much variation in style and colour and lots of the songs still remain in our musical memory.
London Theatre Guide
Kids Week booking now open
Due to unprecedented high demand, the Kids Week website is running a bit slower than usual. However, you can book this same amazing offer directly with our ticketing partners, Ticketmaster at 0844 248 5151 or the Ticketmaster Kids Week site.