Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mamet's Commercials - and Some Much Needed FL Cheer

As this is an incredible crunch time for me, I've been worrying about what to post here – not wanting the blog to go silent only a week after I launched. Yesterday's announcement that David Mamet would be directing television ads for Ford Motor Company got me to thinking about what the company's new tag line might be – something like "Have you driven a Ford lately, goddammit..'

Given events in Virginia, this seemed a little too glib, and I just went about my business. Would that I'd had the Blogger intuition of Betsey Maupin, who's the critic for the Orlando Sentinel. She managed to find a link on YouTube that beautifully captured my need – and I imagine the needs of others yesterday. Actually, there are two links – one that offers fabulous diversion and a brief moment of cheer and another that offer a bit of emotional inspiration.

Here's the link to Betsey's blog with a tip of my hat.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_stage_theat/2007/04/something_to_ch.html

Until next time,

Andy

1 comment:

C A Bandy said...

Michael's performance is just wonderful. You can find it on the DVD Broadway's Lost Treasures II. I highly recommend all three DVD's in this series.