Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Reinvigorating (Resuscitating?) the ATW Blog

It's hard to believe that the last time I posted to this, was just as the Tony Award nominations were to be announced last May. How time flies. A trip to Beijing, a move out of the five boroughs, and so much more has happened since. We're actually well over half way through the new season and, in fact, the Tony Awards committee has met several times to determine eligibility for this year's awards.

So, a New Year's resolution (better late than never, right?) for myself and the ATW Blog….a post a day – a comment on the news clips or perhaps some thoughts on the disc (or discs) that are playing while I work.

Today, beyond the "I'm Back" aspect to this post …I was heartened to see not only the positive review in today's "Times" about Fabrik, playing at Urban Stages through February 17, but also the swell picture that, combined, I hope will get audiences to this show that I described as "must-see" when I reviewed it for Back Stage last week.

For those of you who've missed it – the "Times" review can be found here:

http://theater2.nytimes.com/2008/01/30/theater/reviews/30fabr.html?ref=theater

Here's my Back Stage review:

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/nyc/review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=100370118

Thanks for your patience if you've been a subscriber to this and wondered what's happened. Remember – comments are always welcome.

Best,
Andy Propst

No comments: